Hey readers! Thought I would like to share this awesome thing with you! Turns out, all those wonderful recipes that you read about in Roald Dahl’s books you can make for yourself at home! There are two books available (Revolting Recipes and Even More Revolting Recipes)
Some of the recipes are found at Roald Dahl’s website here:
If you would like to purchase them please click these links below:
I would like to share one of my favourite recipes from the book that Roald Dahl’s website offers:
Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight
( A sauce for your next sundae)
You will need:
- an adult to help you
- a saucepan
- a large bowl of your favourite ice cream ready in the fridge
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1 Cadbury’s Crunchie or similar chocolate bar
- 60g butter
- 80g dark brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 8 marshmallows
What you need to do:
- Break the chocolate and the Crunchie into large chunks and set to one side.
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt together the butter, sugar and cream.
- Stir until all the sugar is dissolved and then turn the heat up and continue stirring for 10 minutes. Be careful, as it gets very hot and can splutter. Use a very long wooden spoon or a tall adult with a long arm.
- Turn the heat down again, and get your bowl of ice-cream from the fridge.
- Put the marshmallows, chocolate and Crunchie into the saucepan, stir around once and pour over your ice-cream.
You can keep the leftover sauce in the fridge and reheat it in a microwave.
Recipe taken from Roald Dahl Website: